Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pocket Pussy Series



 "Aged in Angora"


 "Fuzzy Heart"


 Red and Tangled

 One Eyed Squid

I found this strange pearl purse at the thrift store and I thought it was very weird looking.  I ended up finding several more that I thought may go well in a series of work.  I started making molds by pouring paraffin wax into bunt trays for baking and a gum drop shaped ice tray.  I started assembling my pieces together and the first pocket pussy created was "One Eyed Squid."  I wasn't quite sure what I created, but it was weird and I liked it.  I started calling them pocket pussies because I wasn't sure what else they could be called.  I would like to make more of these, maybe as many as 25.  I like the first one that I created the best and I haven't been able to figure out how to make the rest as successful.  Maybe the final arrangement will make these more impressive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment