Saturday, August 27, 2011
I've been in my new studio at Penn State for about a week now and have gotten the time and space that I needed to start sewing pantyhose to rope. I used untreated rope that is commonly used for household things, such as tying up branches. I came to school with many pairs of pantyhose, but there weren't enough to make as many strands that I felt necessary. I ended up buying packs at Wal-Mart because there are only a few thrift stores here. I'm hanging these 5 strands in a room with a loop hook, tying it with a fisherman's knot. In the front of the room I'm placing a 1940's fan in front of the hanging strands...making them dance.
Mookie making my life more difficult.